Sunday, February 08, 2009

It’ll be good to fly direct to Malaysia again

It’ll be good to fly direct to Malaysia again
Sunday February 8, 2009

I HAD the pleasure of visiting Malaysia for the first time recently. It was a most rewarding and eye-opening experience.

I couldn’t believe how clean and tidy your streets and fantastic freeways were. I haven’t seen cleaner highway restrooms anywhere.

The country also seemed to be thriving.

Visiting the Cameron Highlands was a memorable experience and a highlight of the trip. The staff at Strawberry Park Resort were very accommodating.

But the best part of Malaysia was that everywhere I went the local people were friendly, cheerful and always willing to help.

The only problem is that I live in the north west of Australia, in Broome. We had to come via Perth, an extra six hours flying time.

As I write, the Broome International Airport is trying to get an international carrier to fly in and out of Broome. If anyone from Malaysia Airlines or any other airline reads this, could you please help us get direct flights from Broome to Kuala Lumpur? I am sure it will be a very worthwhile exercise.

Sebastian Von Perger,
Broome, West Australia.

No comments: