Friday, November 14, 2008

Tanah Rata assemblyman may join the Opposition

Tanah Rata assemblyman may join the Opposition
Friday November 14, 2008

CAMERON HIGHLANDS: Tanah Rata assemblyman Ho Yip Kap will join the Opposition if his application to rejoin the MCA is not approved in three weeks.

Ho, who contested the March general election as an independent in a three-cornered fight, said he could serve the people better under the MCA and Barisan Nasional.

“However, there has been no favourable response (to the application since April).

“I am tired of waiting and within the next three weeks, I will announce my decision.

“I am leaving my options open and looking at joining an Opposition party to serve my voters,” he told The Star in an interview.

In Putrajaya, MCA president Datuk Seri Ong Tee Keat when asked about Ho’s application said the party’s mechanism and ruling on such matters must be observed. On the three-week ultimatum set by Ho, Ong said: “It is unfair to expect the party to yield to any personal veiled threat.”

Ho claimed that his membership in the MCA was frozen and that he was not sacked by the party. --- The Star News

No comments: