Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Confusing signs on the Camerons road

Confusing signs on the Camerons road
Wednesday February 15, 2012

RECENTLY, my family and I went on a trip to Cameron Highlands. We travelled via Simpang Pulai and on the way we observed two road signs that kept appearing along the road and the two always appeared together (as seen in the photo) [editor: didn't find the photo...].

The first road sign, a white circle with a black diagonal stripe always comes first and a few metres away, is a road sign indicating a 50kph speed limit.

My dad recognised the first as a sign indicating the National Speed Limit, which means the speed limit for cars is 60mph on single carriageways and 70mph on dual carriageways and motorways.

May I ask the Road Transport Department why are the road signs contradicting one another? The road to the Camerons is the only road where I have observed this particular placement of such road signs.

PEACH,
Shah Alam.

No comments: