Thursday, September 08, 2005

Eat, Drink and be Merry!

It's been awhile since I last posted anything about Cameron Highlands. Phew! It's been some busy days after returning from my Church Camp that was held in Cameron Highland last end August. This time I managed to savour some of the recommended eateries and tried some of their specialties. What with work and activites, I finally cobbled together something about food and published it on the web.

Like any Malaysians (or anybody in the world for that matter), we all love to eat! Is it a case of "eat to live, or live to eat"? Just about any major city in Malaysia, you might just find a stall or a restaurant still open in the wee hours of the night, full of patrons (don't they ever sleep?).

And of course, the ever popular mamak stalls seemed to operate 24 hours a day! Yeah, give me roti chanai and teh tarik please? That's the usual order. A light enough snack for the wee hours.

Yep, in Cameron Highlands, it is no difference. But they don't operate 24 hours a day. The mamak stalls do close late, up to maybe 11pm...? With the cooler night time climate, it is always nice to have a cup of hot tea or teh tarik. Having some company around is always welcomed!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like your blog and will return again in the future.

I have a enjoy yourself site/blog. It covers enjoy yourself related to having fun while at the beach.


You may check it out for yourself anytime.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jan,

Thanks for your post to my Blog and
your recommendation.When I was
stationed in Thailand a lot of the
troops went to your country for
R&R (Rest and Relaxation). Those
that I talked too always said that
they had a good time. I myself
never made it. Maybe some day.

Anonymous said...

Hi Jan,

Enjoy reading your Blog, so we are planning a trip to the highland. Have you heard of the Bala's Chalet ? Is it good ? Which hotel would you say is the best in Cameron Highland where you will spend your money.

Jan Æ said...

Dear Sir,

Bala Chalet is located just outside of Tanah Rata on the way to Brinchang. There is a sign along the road to tell you when to turn in to their Chalet.

I hope to spruce up the hotel section of CH Hotels hopefully with more detailed info about the accommodations around Cameron Highlands.

Though I have not stayed there before, I would say they are more on the mid-range price hotel.

If you have money to spend, stay at the top hotels like Lakehouse, Equatorial, Strawberry Park, where you will need to fork out about RM$200 more or less per night.

If money no problem, why not try Lakehouse hotel with their 3D/2N package for RM$750.