Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Our hill resorts need cleaning up

Our hill resorts need cleaning up
Wednesday April 14, 2010

I AM happy to read that there is a freeze on development in Fraser’s Hill.

I spent two days and one night there two weeks ago and came away feeling refreshed and rejuvenated. However, I noticed garbage on the way up the hill and also around Fraser’s.

Another thing I couldn’t help but notice was that some of the bungalows were dirty and rundown. There was also a resort there that looked utterly decrepit.

The English translation on some of the information provided for foreign tourists was atrocious, to say the least!

I have also been to Cameron Highlands and yes, garbage was everywhere too.

That draws me to the letter “Poor tourists are simply too dirty for comfort (The Star, April 13). As the writer points out in his letter, you don’t find rubbish in high class neighbourhoods in our country.

I stay in a new development area in Cheras and I see rubbish piled up everywhere. When I go to places like Tropicana and Damansara, for example, I find them so well kept. Why is this so?

IRENAWATI ZAINODDIN,
Cheras.

No comments: